Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 195 - From the beginning

Today is day 195 and I have been thinking that maybe it would be a good time to give new readers a quick synopsis of why I started this blog. For my faithful readers, these are things you already know so please bare with me today.

My Year of Faith is a year devoted to detailing my journey of spiritual, emotional and personal faith. Three years ago I was laid off from my amazing job and we became a one-income family, drastically changing our lives. Due to the economy and the beyond depleted job force I was forced to stay home permanently. From that time we had to short sale our home and use every penny from all of our savings accounts to survive. Last December my husband was laid off from his job and we are now renting a smaller place with our family of five (and two dogs). We had to use up both of our 401Ks to survive and we are now living on unemployment, the generosity of others and God's grace. In my eyes we have nothing to show from our old life, it seems like a distant memory. We went from feeling like we had it all, to humbly accepting this part of our journey. The part that stripped us of any labels we had and turned our world upside down (and around some more). Yet, in the midst of our turmoil and sadness arose this new strength in me. My faith in God and my faith in my own abilities burned a fire in my heart and my soul. My eyes opened to a new life where humbleness, compassion and necessity make up a life well lived, not possessions and social status. God has been working in me slowly and steadily and my faith in life has been restored. And, while I pray for Mark to find permanent work as soon as possible (it's been seven months), God has told me to stay true and to be patient in His process for my life and in doing so I have revisited my lifelong dream of writing. My words are here every day, detailing this obstacle course we are currently on.

Every day is hard but life is still really good.

You can catch up on some important posts from this year here, here, here or here. But really all my favorite posts are the ones in between.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete