Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 187 - Our day

Today is one of those days where we had a lot of fun things planned, things we had even paid for months ago, and then my oldest son got sick and everything went out the door. It's frustrating when plans change like that, right? I especially feel frustrated when it's something we have paid for because let's face it, money is a luxury right now and I hate wasting it. I was feeling pretty annoyed this morning.

So here is what I try and remind myself over and over again when things feel like they are falling a part or when life seems a little unfair. Perhaps there is a very good reason why God kept us home today. We all know these kinds of stories and they happen all the time. God needed us to stay home to keep our car off the street, keep my son out of the heat, keep us away from another person or who knows why. In a frustrating situation (like extra traffic, lost car keys, cancelled plans, etc.) we need to know that there is probably a very good reason why it is happening at that exact moment. There are so many blessings happening in our lives, blessings that we will never know happened but we have to trust and have faith that even an unpleasant circumstance may be a blessing in disguise. That is the way I am looking at today.

No comments:

Post a Comment