Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 186 - Mark's day

Today is my hubby's birthday and he told me he didn't want a huge post all about him. Instead I am posting two bible verses that I put his name next to in the margins of my notes.

"Finish what you started a year ago... for you were the first to begin doing something about it! Now you should carry this project through to completion just as enthusiastically as you began it. Give whatever you can accordingly to what you have!" - 2 Corinthians 8:10-11

I think it is human nature to not finish things that we start. We say we are going to do something, but often we just don't get there. Mark always gets there. When he starts something he does it with tenacity and pride. I admire this about him; every project gets finished and it gets finished well. He's just that kind of guy! Imagine if we were all gifted like this.

"So don't throw it all away now. You were sure of yourselves then. It's still a sure thing! But you need to stick it out, staying with God's plan so you'll be there for the promised completion." -Hebrews 10:35-36

Like I said my husband knows how to keep moving forward, even when he feels like giving up. He sticks things out without making rash decisions and he keeps reaching for the finish line. I see it in him every day. He never gives up, even on people. His perseverance is definitely one of his best qualities. Imagine how God would smile down on us if we were more like Mark, finishing the work He started in us. Mark may not see it, but God made him like a warrior... the kind that you want to go into battle with because he will fight until the end. I feel like I need so much more of that in my own battles.

I love you Mark and Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful and noble character traits to have! Happy Birthday to your main man! Wishing and praying for the greatest of blessings, this year and always!!

    ReplyDelete