Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 197 - Proof

I am amazed every single day when I go into my children's closets, open our medicine cabinet or open up the refrigerator. Not only do we have the basic amount of food, clothing and necessities, but we also have a lot more than we normally would. Every day I am reminded that God is keeping His promise and caring for us. The less I worry, the more we have. Just yesterday a sweet friend gave us toothbrushes, toothpaste and a bag of other great stuff that I can store away for when we run out. Everything that we are given is like tiny miracles for me to witness and solid proof that God does exist. Like I said, every time I ask God how I will pay for something, he sends another miracle.

"And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs." -Matthew 6:30-32 (NLT)

I recently told someone that being in this financial bind is the best thing that has ever happened to us. Granted I am saying this before any kind of happy ending, but I am expecting that it will happen eventually. I just feel like we now see our life with eyes wide open. If we had not experienced this kind of roadblock we would have kept on living our life the way we were before... forever. It would be like walking around blindly. Instead, when we are back to more solid ground we will be more careful with our money, more generous with others and more thankful for what we have. I am also able to pursue the dream I have had since I was a little girl, which is writing. That would never have happened if life had stayed the same, ever. And, I would never understand the true compassion that people have for others. That people have had with us. I never saw how selfless people are, practically strangers. Mark and I vow to be those kinds of people. We have been accepting a lot for the last seven and a half months and we will be excited to be in a place to give and to give generously for the rest of our lives.

So if you ask me how I know God exists I can tell you story after story, some I will share later down the road, of how He is working in our life and always through the generosity of others. Every time I have asked Him how I will pay for something that is a necessity, He blesses us. It happens each and every day. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment