Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 202 - Teetering

We have had an interesting summer with a lot of random sickness in our family; I always thought that summer was the well time of the year. It has been really strange and has kept us from a few special days, including some church events. Not to mention doctors bills that we cannot afford. Today I am definitely asking God, "why us?" You know that whole "why can't we catch a break" routine? Well I've got it and in more areas than one. We are quickly approaching the eight month mark from when Mark was laid off and I am still in awe that things are not better yet. It just feels very strange teetering on having faith and not worrying to wanting to worry... a lot. Or teetering on being so extremely grateful for what we do have or being angry that God hasn't picked us up yet. I am still airing on the side of extremely grateful and having faith. It's much more peaceful there. I still truly believe that every day has a purpose to whatever God is trying to teach us and He knows best. So even though it feels like we have a gray cloud over our heads, I am trying to be as optimistic as I can. Knowing that only He can write our story.

Today I am extremely grateful for sicknesses that can be cured, for a roof over our head, my family under my wings, for food on our table and for interviews that come Mark's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment