Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 199 - Dreams

I am still a dreamer. I dream about owning our own home again, a home we can live in forever. Where I can paint the walls and make our own furniture. A home I can decorate because I know we will live there as long as we want. I save ideas in Pinterest for this home almost on a daily basis. I pray that someday it will happen for us, I am hopeful it will happen sooner than it feels.

I dream about traveling to different places, to open my eyes more to the world around me. Nowhere specific.

I also dream about having another baby. Mark is not okay with this and it will probably never happen, but I don't feel like our lives are definitely complete in whatever way that means. Sometimes I feel like maybe God has his own plans for us in that department, but who knows. It's always on my heart though and I haven't closed that door myself yet.

I dream of writing, but that's as far as my dream goes. No specifics or images. Just a feeling that I will do something I love.

Those are my dreams. I used to dream for so much more... God has simplified my desires and my wishes. Nothing flashy. Nothing elaborate. Just simple heartfelt dreams for the future. My heart belongs to my family, a home, beauty around me and my passion. Life is so much simpler now.

No matter what you are going through, don't stop dreaming. God knows your heart and your desires. He hears you. Don't give up hope for your future.

1 comment: