Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 188 - A long time

What do you do when you feel like God is taking a really long time to answer your prayers? Normally I would lose a little faith, stop praying and try to ignore the situation. In fact, I think I was starting to do that a little bit lately. Last night I looked at my prayer journal and noticed that I haven't done a lot of praying over the last few weeks, no wonder I have been feeling a tiny bit spiritually empty and frustrated. I went ahead and wrote a long prayer asking for help and exposing my feelings. It felt good and it reminded me to not only pray for my family, but that constantly praying for others keeps you spiritually healthy and focused as well. So then I wrote a few pages of prayers for people I love and people who need extra prayers right now. By doing so it also put them forefront in my mind and heart so they can walk with me through my day.

I know that this time around and this situation I want to make a conscious decision to not give up on my prayers and to keep asking God to help us get through this and out of this as soon as possible. I want to keep my faith high and in clear light for everyone to see. I want to keep reminding God and myself that I am here, that this is real and that I know that He can change everything for the better. I am not giving up this time and I am getting back in the game right now. No more tiny setbacks, lost faith or feeling like things will never change. I know better than that.

I have faith that things will turn around.

No comments:

Post a Comment