Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 211 - Content

I know what God is trying to teach me at this very moment. I feel it in my heart and I know it's in His whispers. God wants me to be content. He wants me to ignore those nagging feelings and just be content with what I do have, with what He has given me. There has to come a time when it's enough. I felt Him tell me that plainly yesterday, which is hard for an overachiever like me. I realized that He has taken away so many comforts in my life but I still find ways to be discontent in other areas. I need to be joyful in all of the blessings I do have, after all He gives them to me, but He can also take them away. What I have should be enough, no matter how much or how little it is. So I will take time to love and cherish what I do have, instead of longing for more. I will try to be content in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment