Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 183 - Half way

If my calculations are correct, I am exactly half way through My Year of Faith. On one hand I feel like this has been the longest 183 days ever, yet if I take finances out of the equation we have had a really great 183 days full of happiness, love and growth. Life has been ticking on just as it is supposed to and even though we worry about money our family, especially my children, are growing like weeds and thriving. We haven't missed out on any milestones or important events because of our finances. That thought alone makes me feel more blessed than ever. Our marriage is intact and my own eyes have been opened in ways that would normally take much longer. My family, friends and readers have given me a new understanding of life and what it is to give to others and I have had some experiences and emotions that I never could have possibly felt if we weren't facing these particular struggles. Our future rests on uncertainty but I feel reassured that if God can get us this far, then He can take us the rest of the way. He can lift us up until Mark finds a full-time job and He can lift us up until we can get to a place where we feel stable and normal again. He has provided for us in ways I never could have imagined and every time I tell Him that there is no place for money to come from, He shows me how little faith that I have. Now 183 days later, I do have faith that we will get there.

I am always asked what I will do with this blog when Mark gets a job and if the year isn't up. I know that Mark being employed will not fix everything right away and I also know that I have so much to learn about faith. I am in such a learning stage and I am enough of a realistic to know that there is no quick fix to our struggles right now. In fact, I doubt that the next 182 days will be enough to feel that My Year of Faith is complete. I am struggling in so many different areas of my life.

So today I want to thank you for reading, encouraging me, sharing and just being at the other end of my words. I hope you will keep up with me for the rest of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment