Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 189 - Each day

Yesterday I found myself full of worry. It's the beginning of the month, which faces me with a lot of bills that have to be paid and rent that is due at the end of the month. It's so stressful and every month I just barely make it by God's grace, what happens when I can't do it anymore? I often tell God that there is no place left for money to come from. He usually answers, but what if He can't this time? Then what?

And then there was this verse, typed at the top of the page in my prayer journal:

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." -Matthew 6:34

So that is where I am living right now, one day at a time. I am trying to put my worries behind me and have faith that the bills will get paid and it will all work out just as it has over the last seven months. I am going against my nature to plan ahead and I am going to just let it be, one day at a time with lots of prayer and thanksgiving. It's scary but it's also a sign of true faith. I hope that I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment