Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 95 - More faith and more trust

I have hinted more than once that I have a problem with my eating habits. I cook super healthy at home and our house is stocked with good food (no junk food allowed). Yet I feel entitled to treats, soda and large quantities of food when we go out or if I am having a bad day. Basically I indulge and I try to comfort myself with food (back in the day I did it with shopping). I do it all the time. It's a problem and it has grown worse over the last year with our move, Mark losing his job and the stress with three kids. I have 9 extra pounds on me, which for being 5'2" and never tightening up after my baby, is a lot. I have been ignoring it and ignoring it but finally I have had enough. I am giving it to God because I cannot control myself so I know I need the help of a higher power.

We should not only rely on God and have faith in the areas of our lives that we choose. We need to give it all to God- the heartaches, the stress, the disappointments, the sins and the indulgences. Have enough faith in yourself to face any challenge and then pray about it and keep yourself centered. I know I need to find a balance between my love of food and my health and so I am asking God to help me get there. I cannot go through this struggle alone and if I try, those 9 pounds will turn into 25 pounds with a blink of an eye.

What is it that you are struggling with, but pushing the reality of it away? Maybe it's time to surrender it to God. I know that it won't be easy but I also know that we can do it! I even tied a little string around my wrist to remind me when I want to use food as a comfort to ask God to help get me through it. I told you this is my year of faith and I have faith that I can get through this too. I will keep you updated!

"I can trust Him to help me out, calm me down, fill me with hope and see me through."

No comments:

Post a Comment