Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 92 - I am what I am

"But by the grace of God, I am what I am..." -1 Corinthians 15:10

I have doubted myself, not liked myself and sabotaged myself. My self-esteem has dropped and I have been disappointed. I don't like what I see in the mirror and I often leave places feeling like I made something too much about me. I just haven't been happy with who I am lately.

I know that we all question who we are, what we look like, how we act and what we are doing. I know that everyone feels low self-esteem sometimes and doesn't live up to the expectation of what they think they should be. I know I am not the only one who struggles with being happy with whom they are.

Here is the thing; we need to accept and love ourselves. Only until we understand that God's grace created us, can we care enough about ourselves to take care of who we are. "By the grace of God, I am what I am," and I take comfort in that verse with confidence that it's okay to be me and I am worth fighting for.

1 comment:

  1. But you spent the morning with your Dad and your son, and they made you feel special. Don't let how you feel at the moment you write your blog define your day or your person. You are special to me and always will be. Both of your Father's feel the same.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete