Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 111 - Faith

I don't think that it is a secret I am struggling a little bit right now and I don't mind sharing it. I am just having a hard time emotionally. I have to say though, that having faith in my life makes the struggles so much easier. Even when I feel emotionally depleted, I can find joy in so many parts of my day. I still see the beauty in things and I recognize and I am thankful for the blessings I have. I am able to be kind to others no matter how I feel and smile to say "good morning" to a stranger. Faith helps me understand that this is temporary and every day is a new day. Faith makes me understand that my problems are still my own and I have no right to take them out on someone else. Faith helps me to remember that whatever "this" is, it has a part in the bigger picture. Faith keeps me going with more stamina than I would have had before. Faith makes even the dark bearable.

I am amazed that while I feel so down, I am also happy. Does that make any sense? It's true. I am laughing, loving and living. I am making plans with friends and getting dinner on the table every night. I am still trying to be the best me that I can be. God has really changed me; at least I can feel it.

We all have the right to have bad days or weeks. We all feel pain and exhaustion. It's just a part of life. But having faith that it will be okay and remembering that life isn't just about how you are feeling at this moment makes all the difference. The less I say "why me" makes all of the difference. Faith makes all the difference.

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." -Romans 12:12

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you so just described exactly how I am feeling at the moment!! I agree with you about faith helping you stay happy even when you are sad! I hope you have a good rest of your week and a relaxing Easter weekend! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete