Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 110 - Endurance

"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation." -Romans 5:3-4

I need this right now. I am worn out, beat down and just plain drained. I am in this place right now where besides just the stress of Mark not having a job, trying to do everything has creeped up on me. I think having three kids under 6 is creeping up on me. I just feel like I am losing a battle that I have been fighting for a long time or at least I'm not making any progress. I think it's all normal and it's just the stress of my life right now, it won't be like this forever.

When I think about it more, this verse explains the last few years of my life perfectly. Without all of the hardships, I would be walking around with a little less wisdom in my pocket and a little less grace in my life. Won't that be true for what I am going through now? Of course!
We need the problems, conflicts and heartache to grow and to blossom. So even though I am weary and tired I know that it will build my endurance and strengthen my character, which will last a lifetime. Right now is just a blink of an eye. Let's embrace our problems and issues knowing that they will bless us far after they are over because we are taking the opportunities to grow and change. Don't stand still in the face of hardship even in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment