Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 94 - Be still

Do you ever get alone time? This weekend my hubby went to a party so I put the kids to bed and I sat on the couch and watched a movie by myself. I had a few hours to rest and think about things. I haven't had that kind of quiet in a long time. It was a time free of distractions; the computer, no Facebook and no connection to anything except a movie and a couch. We all know that quiet time with God is important, but quiet time with yourself is really important too (often God will talk to you in those quiet moments). In just those few hours I was inspired and made decisions about things that had been bothering me. I was able to be introspective and thoughtful. I loved it.

I am encouraging you to have some quiet time every now and then. Time with no agenda or distractions. Time for just you. Time to clear your head of the every day clutter and center yourself again. Time to be still.

No comments:

Post a Comment