Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 120 - Stand up to myself

Here's what I was thinking about today when I had some time alone. Of course I still need to work on my spiritual faith (isn't that a lifetime's worth of growth?), but I really need to start working on faith in myself. I know I have already said this many times, but I keep giving up on myself and I am doing it through how I take care of my body. We all handle stress differently. I have already shared that I deal with stress by eating, but we are under so much stress that I let it take over me. I also love food. I really do. Sure, I am now working out most days of the week, but it's funny how I manipulate the situation so that if I work out I can eat whatever I want. That really means that I haven't changed at all. I just need to remind myself over and over again that I can conquer this, even if I have to keep pulling myself back up when I fall down. I know I can do this.

It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not. ~Author Unknown

We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies. ~Roderick Thorp, Rainbow Drive

Don't live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable. ~Wendy Wasserstein

If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price. ~Author Unknown

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. ~Michael Jordan

It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves. ~Edmund Hillary

Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside of them was superior to circumstance. ~Bruce Barton

When the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, it may be that they take better care of it there. ~Cecil Selig

If you doubt yourself, then indeed you stand on shaky ground. ~Henrik Ibsen

Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. ~Norman Vincent Peale


No comments:

Post a Comment