Thursday, January 13, 2011

Joy in my heart

Here's what I realized today: if Mark would have never lost his job, I probably wouldn't have started this blog. If I would never have started this blog I wouldn't have been in contact with some old friends. I also wouldn't have met some new ones. I might not have realized that we are so loved and that we have an entire army behind us fighting for Mark to find a something. We have people reaching out to their own friends to look for job openings, sending us any leads they can think of, telling us their story to give us comfort and so much more. Do you know how it feels to have an army behind us- amazing! Today I realized that God has strategically put people in our lives, through all of our trials over the last few years. Really, deeply special people. I already had a group of wonderful, amazing friends in my life, how did I get lucky enough to deserve even more?

Today a new and dear friend left me an envelope with $50 in it and a note saying that she has been there, she knows how it feels and she wishes she could do more. I haven't spoken to her in a few weeks and she knew nothing of this blog. I was blown over with shock because it was so unexpected and meaningful. I know this friend has had similar rough times and yet sacrificed her own needs for me. I had always been the one trying to give as much as I could to other people. I never use to let anyone give anything in return. But my friends have taught me to accept things. It's weird to be on the receiving end, but it's humbling at the same time. I can't wait to be in a position where I can give back again. I will do so with a humble heart for the rest of my life.

I have so much love in my heart right now and I feel so blessed. I feel like I just hit the lottery because I have so many special people in my life, sending emails and cheering us on. I honestly feel nothing but joy. A friend sent me a Facebook message and said he wish he could do more to find Mark a job, I told him that his CARING was more than I could ever ask for. The time he took to send me a message was more than I would ever expect.

So thank you friends. You have put a lot of love in my heart and when I look back at this time, I will realize that God blessed us with friendships in abundance. There really are blessings in hard times, you just have to open your eyes to see them. Don't miss them because they are there somewhere and they are miracles in their own way.

1 comment: