Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 30 - I rested

I am writing this blog exactly 1 hour before today is over. Do you want to know why? I was able to have some away time this weekend. We packed up the kids and spent 24 hours visiting my dear sister. It was perfect! We watched movies, hung out and just had fun. No emails, text messages, Facebook and no blogging. Even with my overwhelming to-do list, I feel refreshed and ready to tackle the week.

And, a great comment from my dad today helped me feel better. He said:

"We show our trust in God when we say to him, "Lord, I have so many things on my plate. They are impossible! I can't do them all today, so help me with what's important and what's not important. Help me not to worry about not getting the unimportant things done. Help me focus on what matters most. I need your strength today to do what I need to do today. I have financial, physical and emotional needs and I'm depending on you to help me today....God is going to teach you to trust him one day at a time. He's going to give you enough grace, power, and energy to get through today." And then from the famous verse from Matthew 6:34 TLB, "So don't be anxious about tomorow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time." So, advise from your father, pray about what needs to be done today and ask God for help. Do the same tomorrow, and the day after and the day after. He will help you each day."

Make it a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment