Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 17 - Inspiration

In honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, I googled his name and the word faith. After all, he must have had amazing faith in his fight for equality. I found a personal quote and a section from his 'I Have a Dream' speech.

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."

"With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day."

I think it's important to let people inspire us on our own faith journey. It helps us believe that we too can accomplish our dreams or on certain days it just helps us get out of bed. We can be inspired by people in history or the kindness of the man at the grocery store. Inspiration is what makes me dream a little bigger every day and believe that God can bless me in big ways too.


1 comment:

  1. Amanda, this is so strange. I just posted this exact same quote on my facebook right before I read your blog! I'm not suprised that it was the quote that spoke to me the most on the day we remember Martin Luther King! I've been inspired by your blog of faith so much lately !

    ReplyDelete