Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 10 - Things I learned

I took notes at church today like a wild woman. It's so fulfilling to know that I am not only taking notes for myself but for all my readers as well. Here are a few things I wanted to mention from today:

-You have not trusted God unless you have put faith in some situation that is impossible in the flesh. It needs to be a faith-based need so big that you are forced to depend on Him.

-Having goals stretches your faith, you need to set personal goals. You need to set goals because it is a spiritual discipline, it focuses your energy, it stretches your faith, it builds your character and it gives you hope. And almost always, when you have faith based goals, they get done sooner than you planned.

-This one is for me because when you put yourself out there, you will get criticism. Even if I don't hear it myself I hate that I know it happens behind my back all the time. But that's just a part of life and I have gotten use to it. It was said today that some of the worst groups of people are those that sit back and never do anything and yet criticize those who are at least trying. Don't be that person- it's more common than you think.

-"Without faith it is impossible to please God..." Heb 11:6

It's Monday and if you read my post yesterday you know that I am hoping for a miracle this week. We need Mark to get a job quickly. I have faith!

4 comments:

  1. OMG. I have chills. The last part- about those who sit back and criticize....I am SO in the middle of that right now. It has shaken my foundation. You know I am a "do-er" and, therefore, I put myself out there. It is SO HARD to have people second guess you and arm-chair quarterback your decisions when their name and hard work is NOT on the line. I just keep praying for THEM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda - the more someone does the more they'll be critisized, sadly that's how a lot of us operate and treat those who do try and challenge themselves and others. It's wrong and it takes someone to say "hey, at least I am TRYING to do something!!!!" And you are!!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda- Everyday this blog right now is my bright spot in that it is my reminder to the keep the faith. I'm going through my own battle and I can't tell you the comfort I am finding in your words and the powerful reminders of GODS word in your posts.

    It struck me yesterday profoundly that Faith isn't knowing that the road ahead won't be rocky.. faith is knowing that it may be but realizing that God is with us every step of the way and that He has a plan. Just like the scripture that you posted the other day "when you go through the deep waters. I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty you will not drown. When you walk through the fire you will not be burned up." Here's the thing... the whole scripture is about being in those tough places WITH God. I know I'd love to never have to be there but it's a comfort to know and something lifechanging to live with faith to take the first step into the fire and just wait and see what God will do. Becuase He will do something. He will! I've been praying for you and your family everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not imagine why someone would criticize what you write or put out there. Maybe I am of the thought that it takes courage, honesty and faith to expose yourself like that and so I myself can not judge or criticize anyone who does that.

    I was told about my personal blog that what I wrote about my hard times with Motherhood might not be the best to have in cyber space because my kid could see it one day (it was riddled with more guilt that than). I took it down and was made to feel guilty for perfectly normal feelings that some Mothers go through. It hurt me, it truly did because people do not want to talk about that dark side of Mothering and I needed to know I was normal. I know they did not do it maliciously but it still hurt. I am not sure why I wrote this, haha it just kind of came out.

    ReplyDelete