Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 12- A Woman of Faith

Today is my mom's birthday. I am lucky to have a strong woman of faith to look up to. Growing up she was very strict and always had high expectations of me. She was never afraid to tell me no or make me do something I didn't want to do. I always grew up knowing the difference between right and wrong and was expected to make the right decisions according to our faith. Now that I am a mom, I know that all of those things equal love and were the building blocks for my strong foundation. I watched my mom give generously to those less fortunate and she taught me that God will often provide for others through you. She has done these acts of generosity on more occasions than I can count and usually anonymously. Still to this day my mom will tell me when I am wrong, will support me and my family in any way that she can and will make us laugh until it hurts. Her faith built my faith. Her values built my values. Her strength built my strength. I know how lucky I am.

Do you have a strong woman or man of faith in your life? Do you have someone to go to when you need advice for a problem or need support when things seem impossible? You need that person in your life because you cannot do it alone. You need someone to pray for you constantly and to cheer for you when you succeed. If you don't it's time to find someone like that and you can! I will pray about it with you, just let me know.

Thank you Mom for all of the life lessons and all of the love you surround us with. Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to a very special woman! How wonderful to have such a strong woman of faith as your owm Mama:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears, Tears!!!! Love that lady too!

    ReplyDelete