Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2- I hear you God


So today was my first day of faith. Um hello God, thank you for affirming that this blog is exactly what you want me to be doing.

I am running late for church, my favorite watch falls off in front of my daughter's Sunday School class and it looks like a whole big piece is missing. I retrace my steps all over church looking for the broken piece. I'm already late and I tell myself....just have faith that it will be okay...and run into church (I was most devastated because I cannot afford to replace it and it was my 30th birthday present). I hear Pastor Rick speaking while I am walking in and these are his exact words, "Faith is the evidence of things unseen." Okay God, I'm listening. And wouldn't you know it, the whole sermon was based around what happens when you look at your future with eyes of faith, not eyes of fear. Here I am, devising this blog just the day before, God telling me it needs to be a blog about FAITH. Here I am this morning, having doubts about why I am capable of writing this blog, and then church was about having faith when you have doubts. I listened contently, I sang loudly and I left happy. I told myself not to worry about the watch and made a plan to find a way to fix it or get a new one. And then when I got home, my hubby shook his head at me, untangled some pieces and put it back together again. Just like God must be doing in my life right now. Maybe I'm not as broken as I think I am, or maybe I'm not as perfectly fixed as I thought I was at other times. I need to stop the constant inner turmoil I am having about my purpose. Maybe there is a little more untangling that needs to be done in my life and I need to remember to "just have faith that it will be okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment