Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 7 - Thoughts and Thank Yous

Thank you for all of your loving comments, Facebook messages and emails about this blog. I have no words to explain how much they mean to me. Like I said, it may be My Year of Faith, but it is not just about me. I am purely a vessel on this journey. And that's what it will be, a journey through a year. Hopefully we can do it together.

I haven't even begun to share with you all the things going on in my life, but how can I post after an amazing story like Deidra's yesterday? I have read it over and over again, not only because of the content, but because when you read it you see Deidra's amazing faith in her words. I am sure she has been through every emotion- things I could not possibly begin to understand. She still has faith that it all happened for a purpose, that God has a plan and that God put the wheels in motion to save her life. I'm not sure that all people can do that. She is an inspiration.

So for today I want to just focus on a bible verse that I believe goes along with Deidra's story and the promises that God gives us. I had to look no further than a piece of paper stuck on my computer.

Isaiah 43:2 (New Living Translation)
When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.

I have so much in my heart to write about and share. My husband thinks I'm crazy writing every day for a year, but I know I can do it. I may write every post like ten times over before I share it, but all the hard work will be worth it. Plus, I've been called crazy more than once before, I think it's a compliment!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you again for this Blog! I just printed out that scripture and posted it on my computer at work! I'm going to live by renewed faith this year.. thank you for challenging me and inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have faith in you that you will write everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I love this because it brings back memories of us as preteens writing in our journals at sleep overs.

    ReplyDelete