Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 362 - Perspectives

Right now I am reading In Light of Eternity by Randy Alcorn. It's a book about perspectives on Heaven and something my dad recommended. These are the words I copied in my prayer journal last night, words about faith and words that spoke to me about my journey this year.

* Will I forget how God used trials in my life to make me more Christlike? Will I forget the ways he provided for me every day, the strength he gave, the things and people he sent to make me laugh and cry?


* We can't take anything to heaven with us except for the things we've done on earth for the good of others and the glory of God.


* Our faith is demonstrated by our actions; a life of service to God and others is the natural outflow of faith.


Such truths. The word faith has become such an essential part of my life; it will be weird to let it go, in the sense of writing about it every day. It's strange to think that there will be a new word or phrase, and along with it will come new adventures and trials. Certainly God has them planned out already. To me, faith is the most intimate and personal word I can think of. I have been living off of it and trusting in it daily. I know I will never let it go. Understanding what faith truly is has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. And yet, faith is something you have to hold on to tightly and never let it go. You let it guide you in your decisions, and you see it in the blessings you would have overlooked. Faith is not only a choice but also a lesson and eternal growth. God will never stop teaching you about faith if you open up your life to him.

Right now I am just in awe of how much my life has changed this year. I am even more in awe that I am more joyful and content than I have ever been in my adult life, despite all of our current financial woes.


1 comment:

  1. Because only Jesus can give us the real contentment and joy. So happy for you that your life is right where it is. financial woes are nothing compared to eternity in heaven with our maker. love this post.thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete