Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 347 - Rearrange

I took my joy back and already I have blessings showering down on us; or maybe I just see them more clearly. I can see God's hand in preparing to bless us financially in 2012. A sweet surprise showed up on our doorstep last night (see it here) and it made me feel loved and worthy. And, God put some kind of peace and strength in my heart when I prayed for it. Life is lovely, even with the kids driving me crazy for the past three days without Mark at home (glad he is safe and sound now).

This is usually an extremely intense time of year for me because it's holiday cards and calendar season. I did take a step back this year to tend to my family in our crisis, but I still am working on a few people's cards. I have been out of my mind these last two weeks trying to catch up with everything. In fact, I haven't even designed my own card yet. A few days ago I noticed that I was having less time with God, to read, and to write this blog. I was saving them for last and by 2am I could barely pray or write another word. It definitely took it's toll on me, so last night I decided that no matter what needs to be done, I would take my first 15-20 minutes after the kids go to bed to read a faith-based book and to write in my prayer journal. I felt instantly better, it was amazing. I just rearranged my priorities and time still worked out the same in the end.

It's amazing how much rearranging your priorities to put God first makes a difference in your life and on your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment