Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 359 - Merry Christmas

For me, today not only celebrates birth, but it celebrates life. At many low points this year I truly felt like life would never get better and that we would be stuck in that pit forever. And yet, here I am celebrating Christmas with my sweet family. Our finances are not totally in order, but we have survived and life did get better. God was right and His promises were true. I stayed joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer (as it says in Romans 12:12) and we came out of that pit for the better. He used it all for good.

Today I celebrate Jesus, His Father, and the beauty and life-changing miracle of faith. Faith saw me through this. Faith got me to this point. Faith raised my soul up and gave me a new set of eyes and a new heart to see and experience the world. I have memories of the most amazing and magical Christmases from when I was young (thank you deeply Mom & Dad), but this Christmas may be my most memorable. I am definitely the most grateful, but this Christmas also has the magic of faith in the air. I don't mind if there are no presents for me under the tree, I have everything that I could ever want right in front of me.

Faith was my gift this year.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment