Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 356 - Servant

I loved this excerpt from The Purpose Driven Life:

"Your servants heart is revealed in little acts that others don't think of doing... No task is beneath you when you have a servant's heart."


Without a doubt, I can say that this year has opened up my heart to be a servant. Before, I certainly loved to give gifts and do nice things for other people, but now I carry more empathy with me and God put a longing to serve others that wasn't there before. I can tell that He planted the seed and it's something that will grow and mature in me over time. Lately, I feel like I have been observing what other people do and wonder why I didn't think about doing it myself. But I see that God is putting ideas and examples into my head for the future. He is giving me an understanding of the vastness of ways you can serve other people and love them from your heart.

"You cannot serve both God and Money.” - Luke 16:13


I guess He had to take one away, so that I could see the other more clearly.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment