Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 338 - For them too

Living a life of faith isn't just for me; it's for my children too. Seeing how cruel the world is out there, I know that my faith can bring them up in a home with love, security, and the belief that everyone and everything has a purpose. I want them to love themselves and see their worth so that they know that they were created to be exactly as God made them. I also know that our faith as a family will teach my kids to be kind, loving and respectful. No bullying, hate, or selfishness. I want my babies to know that through any difficulty, God is building them up and giving them new tools. I want my children to give to others, but also learn how to accept help when they need it. When we went to the food pantry, I took my kids so that they could understand that everyone needs help sometimes. I want them to see that struggles can be beautiful. I want them to know that life is still full of joy. I want them to be part of the solution, not the problem. I want them to have faith in themselves and in their abilities to change the world. I hope that as they get older their faith will in return spread to their friends and to strangers that they meet. I hope that they can help spread love in this sometimes-cruel world.

I go to church for them, I pray for them, and I try to be their shepherd so that they can have the best start possible. Being a parent is a gift and a responsibility. My faith is wrapped around their hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment