Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 336 - Constantly and consistently

I have been very aware this entire year how fortunate we are that our problems were strictly financial. In fact, I thanked God continuously that we would be able to survive our problems with our health, safety and each other. There is a whole side of faith and heartache that I have never experienced up close. It scares me.

I feel like people's lives are falling apart around me. Why are so many bad things happening to so many good people? The things that my friends and loved ones are dealing with are intense and I have absolutely no experience in dealing with them. All I can remember is something I have spoken about on here before. When someone is hurting all you can do is get into the pit of grief that they are in, and be there with them, no matter how long it takes. It's a place where there is no judgment or advice, just an ear and a heart. I am trying to do that the best that I can.

I am praying for the people in my life who are hurting right now. Not just praying once, but praying constantly and consistently.


1 comment: