Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 342 - Find peace in the season

Is anyone else starting to feel overwhelmed with the holidays approaching? I have so much on my plate with parties, gifts, things to bake, my son's birthday, school events, and making sure that everything and everyone is where they need to be when they need to be there. My calendar is ridiculous. It's not that I am complaining because I want to do all of these things, it's just a lot of pressure and I am definitely failing. My Christmas Cards have not been designed, the blanket I need sewn for this weekend hasn't even been pinned, decorations still have to be crafted, and nothing is wrapped.... there are not enough hours in the day. I start every morning worried about what I can get done on whatever deadline I am on. I hate living like that.

But all we need is a reminder. I know it sounds cliché, but Christmas is supposed to be a time of peace and love. After all, it's when baby Jesus was born. A miracle! It's supposed to be a time for family and friends, however that looks in your life. So while I am stressed about everything I have to do, I cannot let it distract me from the people I am with. Everything will work itself out, and unless I take the time to enjoy this time of year, I have missed the whole point of celebrating the season. Christ's birthday is holy and beautiful, and so should our time be spending it with those we love. I love my family and friends; they make my life more amazing than I could ever explain.

So, when you finally get to that party that has had you stressing all day, take a deep breath, and love on the people you are with. Don't forget to enjoy it. When you are driving around looking at Christmas lights, take a moment to remind your kids why Christmas is so amazing and how much you love them. Don't let the holidays wrap you up in stress and sleepiness. Find peace in the season.


No comments:

Post a Comment