Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 340 - Like David

I came across this note in my prayer journal a few days ago:

Even though life did not get easier, David pressed on, persevering without becoming bitter.


From the day Mark was laid off, it was very clear to me that we needed to not be bitter at his former company and move on. Of course that is a hard task because there are so many hurt feeling involved, but I knew that we needed to get moving fast and bitterness would just weigh us down. Making that choice at the beginning, lead me to a whole journey without bitterness. I am sure that writing that note back in May kept my path straight. I made a promise that no matter how hard it got, I would not let it get the best of me. It's too ugly to let into your life, especially in the most difficult times. It's hard, but letting go of resentment and hate gives you so much more peace. I'm not saying that I'm not hurt or angry, but I don't let the poison of bitterness into my heart. It creeps up quite often and I can feel it tugging on me and begging me to release it, but somehow I have managed to keep it away. I used to have a lot more bitterness and anger inside of me, now I just feel so much freer. Bitterness is a choice. I want to be like David, always pressing on and persevering even when life doesn't get easier or make any sense. Don't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment