Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day 351 - Good things

My journey is not just mine. Mark and I trudged through it together, literally. Day by day, we kept moving. This may not be my husband's blog, but he owns it just as much as I do. He allowed me to write about our lives and be open and honest with complete strangers and people he knows (which I think is even harder). I asked him about topics and posts before I published him, so many things that should have been off of the table, but he let me move forward every single time. He never said no. He let me write about him losing his job, he let go of his own ego for my faith. He always tells me that this is my year of faith and when blessings happen he says it's because of me, but I know that God is smiling down on him just as much as me (maybe more). And while all marriages have their ups and downs, as we have had both, this year has opened my eyes that God gave us these difficulties to awaken our marriage and put it back in the center of our lives. We needed to refocus.

So, when you read my blog, remember that it is not just about me. There is a man behind every single day. He supported my words, allowed God to come into our home and reorganize, and told me that he trusted me. He trusted my prayers and he trusted my faith. He let my faith surround our little world and he believed in me enough to take the reigns. Our marriage is certainly not perfect, but God has used this year of faith to remind us to take care of it. To take care of each other. Good things come out of bad situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment