Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 335 - Be okay

This year I have learned to be content when things do not happen perfectly. When I am running late, not doing my best work, having a bad day, or struggling to finish something, I remind myself that everything is going to be okay. Most of my life, these things never would have sat well with me and I would have been upset or angry. I hate being late or not having things go the way I had planned. But now, when I am in my car struggling to get somewhere, I tell myself that it's going to be okay. Or if I am worried about money, I tell myself it will all work out. And you know what? It always does. God taught me that this year. We are survivors and somehow we make it through the least ideal situations. If you have a good attitude it won't ruin your day. My life feels less run by external circumstances (like being a slave to the clock) and more geared towards being at peace with the way life rolls out. I guess learning to let go when God takes things away helps in other areas too.

No comments:

Post a Comment