Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 354 - Right now

If you ever doubt that there is kindness in the world, come sit next to me for a while. I can tell you stories of the kindness that has been graciously handed down to us this year. Over and over again we experienced so much love. I know that people are good; I know that people care about each other, and I know that love prevails. I saw it, I felt it, and I lived it. Every single act that people did for us went straight to my heart and it will sit with me forever. In fact, I carry it around with me every day and it is what inspires me to do more for other people.

Right now, someone or a group of people, are spreading so much kindness in our lives. I know I mentioned once that we received a gift on our doorstep the other day, but our "Christmas Angels" are leaving daily gifts (one for each of the twelve days of Christmas) on our front door and they are amazing. I am beyond humbled by the beautiful gift baskets that arrive. You can see some of them on my Assorted Lovelies blog). I actually don't know what to say because I am so overwhelmed that anyone would choose us for all of these amazing blessings. We have a lot going on right now, most of it I share with my readers, but I cannot share everything. We have had a lot of disappointment over the past few weeks, even though other parts of our lives are getting better. So at a time like this, to be given something so special, well it renders me speechless. I can't explain how much joy I have every day opening our front door to see what awaits us. I have had some days lately where I questioned myself, and yet I feel like God is just loving on me more than ever.  I feel like people are loving on me more than ever. And I needed it more than ever.

So yes, I will keep gushing about our 12 Days of Christmas. Not because I am trying to brag or make others envious. I am gushing because what is happening, is not only happening with perfect timing, but is also literally putting so much joy in our family's lives.

Thank you Christmas Angels.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment