Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 341 - I wonder

Sometimes I wonder what my faith will look like once we have settled back into a normal life. I feel like every thought that I had this year was resting on faith, that word follows me everywhere I go. I want to know how my relationship with God will change. Just this past month or so I have not needed to be on my knees praying for help the way that I was before. God is providing for us. There are no desperate cries late at night and no written prayers full of deep pleading. While it's good that things are changing, it scares me to realize that I am pulling away a bit. Not intentionally of course, but because life has changed. How will I find the balance between life before My Year of Faith and how things were in the darkest times? Will I forget how hard it was and how much I leaned on God for everything? How can I find the best of both worlds- independence from needing God desperately and having a daily relationship with him? Can I keep up with all of the changes I have made and not drift back into my old habits and hang-ups?

Relationships are work. Our relationship with God is work too. We need to meet him there (although He is always waiting on us). We need to find time for Him, we need to praise Him, and we need to remember that He wants to be a part of our life in the hard times and the best times. I hope that I can make the transition and start a new life with God by my side, even on those normal, no big deal days.

No comments:

Post a Comment