Monday, December 26, 2011

Day 360 - Thank you

To My Christmas Angels,

I know you set out to do something nice for my family and add some joy and fun to our lives with the 12 Days of Christmas gifts, but you did so much more. You put joy in my heart when I had lost it, you gave me hope in people when I needed it, and you made me feel worthy when I was being torn down. You also gave my family so many evenings filled with fun and laughter putting together puzzles and decorating gingerbread houses. Opening my door every day and seeing a beautiful gift that was created with love just for our family, became a time in my life that I will never forget. It was so amazing and the gifts were so elaborate, that I felt unworthy every time I opened one. You know what else you did? You sparked a fire so that I can pay it forward to someone else next year. I kept every box and tag so that I can love on a family or individual the way that you loved on me. So you are not only blessing me, you are blessing someone else down the road too.

I know you want to remain anonymous, your letters and pictures were so clever and fun, but if you ever change your mind I would love to thank all of you in person for the incredible acts of generosity, love and kindness that you poured down on me. I have never experienced anything like it before and you will always have a special place in my family's hearts. We will be talking about this Christmas for the rest of our lives. You truly were our Christmas Angels this year.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart (and Mark and the kids hearts too),


2 comments:

  1. I love this story! so you got a gift each night for 12 days? what were some of your gifts...if you don't mind sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! I have to finish putting the rest of them up, but many of them are on my Assorted Lovelies blog. www.assortedlovelies.com

    I am the luckiest girl ever!

    ReplyDelete