Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 244 - Timing

Today my friend Irma reminded me that God has perfect timing. I tell myself this all the time, but when she gave me an amazing example from her own life, it centered me again and I was able to take a deep breath. I often think of how our friendship is an example of God's perfect timing. I went to my first bible study not too long ago and walked into a room filled with lots of women sitting at tables. I knew I had to pick a table and I really hoped that I would pick the right one. I had followed this really cute young mom in and just figured I would sit with her, why wouldn't I want to be at a table with other young mothers? But before I made the leap, I sat in the back of the room and for the first time ever I prayed asking God where I should sit. I had never done that before. God clearly directed me towards a table that only had one woman sitting there and she was a grandmother. I thought, "Are you sure God?" But I knew He had a plan so I went right over, walking past the table of young moms and I sat down. That moment started a new friendship that would give me so much joy and guidance. We instantly connected and by the time the bible study was over I knew I had made a friend. Her stories and examples of a God centered life are so inspirational to me, something I crave every time I see her. Since then she has stayed a part of my life and along with her husband they have given us help and support along the way. Meeting my new friend was no coincidence and the timing was no coincidence. She came into my life at the perfect time when I needed hope and it was all God-directed. Not too long from now I will be looking back at this part of our life and I will be able to see the wheels God put in motion with his perfect timing for us, even in our crisis, just like I do when I think of my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment