Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 248- Faith into action

Today I realized that it is time to put my faith into action. There are so many times that I think that I cannot fit anything else into my life, especially with three little ones at home, yet there is still room. I know there is. In the Spring I went to a weekly bible study, which was a great step for me. Now that I am entering the Fall I am planning to join a ministry, even if it is once a month, and taking some spiritual classes that are long overdue. I know that I can find a good balance of doing these new things and keeping life at home running smoothly. No more excuses, it's time to act on my faith as much as I write about my faith.

This last week I finally decided to have a little more faith in myself. I got my head in the right place and decided it was time to lose the weight I have put on over the last nine months. All of my eating was stress induced and I lost all self-control. I used food to cushion my emotions. My excuses were that I didn't have the time to work out or the money to pay for a good work out. Here I am one week into my weight loss and I found a free way to work out and I got creative with my work out times, sometimes doing them from 11pm to 12am, but they got done. I prayed about it and God helped me find the time and in the first week I lost three pounds. It just proves my point that you need to put your heart and your faith into motion.

Summer is winding down and it's definitely time to make plans for the last few months of the year. For me I am putting faith in God and faith in myself to the forefront of the plans by volunteering, growing spiritually and taking care of myself physically. How about you? Faith into action.


No comments:

Post a Comment