Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 262 - Homework

I really loved Brody's homework for Sunday School last week:
"Sometimes the best way to exercise our faith is to speak positive words of faith and blessing to someone. It would pump you up if a parent told you, “You are going to succeed in school, God will be with you every day and you are going to make a big difference in this world!” YOU have that power to exercise your faith and bless others with your words. This week, speak or write words of blessing to a family member and see what a difference it can make in their lives."

Even though this lesson is meant for 1st-6th graders, it is a great reminder for the rest of us, especially parents. Our words of faith carry so much power behind them. I think we should all do this homework and bless family members, friends, acquaintances or strangers and try to make a positive impact in their lives.

On another note, I was given a scholarship to join a local MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) program thanks to a dear friend and a very accepting program. To be honest, I have never planned on joining but when the opportunity came up, how could I say no? I start next Tuesday. A little more God during the week will be awesome and it will help me to prepare to speak at a MOPS in December. I am learning to say yes to God and to try new things. However I do have to say that many of the new things I have been saying yes to are uncomfortable for me and have been hitting a little too close to a conflict that I have tried to stay away from. But what I am learning is that God is leading the way, not me, and I keep reminding myself that he has plans to prosper me, not to harm me and that none of this is a coincidence. I am acting on faith instead of fear and accepting what He sends me way. I never would have had this much confidence before this journey. A new season of my life is emerging.


1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you tonight ;)
    It's not always fun when God is pushing us down the path he wants for us.
    P.s. I hope you get as much out of MOPs as I have
    Xo, n

    ReplyDelete