Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 261 - He turned on the sun

I must have had a lot of tension and stress built up because the minute I sat in church yesterday and started singing, I felt everything lift away. I needed to be there. I also have a crying problem that sneaks up on me at any moment and in any location. Yesterday it was at church and it took my whole being to stop. I wasn't sad about anything, I just think that I am always overcome with emotion when I witness something bigger than me, or something I can relate to. It can be very inconvenient but it's just the way I have always been. Being at church yesterday was a great day for me and I feel that way almost every Sunday, it energizes me.

Last week was not very eventful in nature but I feel like it was a turning point for us. Brody made it through his first full week at a new school and despite some sadness missing his old school, every day got better. Piper fractured her elbow and is wearing a pink cast and proved that she is a girl who doesn't let anything get in her way. And, I felt a lot of extra joy in watching my baby Madden mature and fill my life with extra light. Our business had a little extra money come in and I had an opportunity to do something different and make a little cash on Saturday night. Plus we received another unexpected gift from God and from family. I don't know how to explain it but I can feel God working in our life and I feel like He has turned on the sun and put a little hope and joy in our hearts. We have a lot to be joyful about for the next few weeks since my best friend is in town and we are getting very close to Mark's meeting that we hope may turn into a full time job. It's funny how having nothing makes ever dollar and opportunity a blessing. I wouldn't have even turned a cheek at any of these things a few years ago. I don't think that I felt the same sort of joy that I feel now. Losing our financial footing doesn't seem so bad right now.

It feels good to be hopeful. I still have the same stack of bills on my desk, the same worries about paying our necessities but somehow the hope and the joy are just putting a little extra faith in my life. The days are getting sweeter and life seems so much better. Maybe the fog is lifting permanently this time.

 

1 comment: