Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 256 - Untangle myself

It is hard not to focus on your own issues all of the time, but I woke up the other day and realized I have ignored people I love because I have been so caught up in my own life. I hate that feeling and I don't like being that person. I certainly know that's not the person God intended me to be. When talking to a friend yesterday I watched myself tell her examples of her problem in my own life, that's not good listening and I don't want to be that person either. I don't want to ive in the pit of my own life and expect that it is okay just because we are having hard times. I need to be there for others regardless and being so consumed with myself that I miss out on other people's hurts, needs or happiness is beyond unfortunate. It breaks my heart.

It's definitely time to untangle myself from my own life, take the spotlight off of myself, and be joyful and ready for anyone who will let me in. It's time to stop treading that fine line I have been on for a while now. It's time to leave my problems on the nightstand in the morning and make myself available for others all day long. I know that is who God intended me to be.

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds." -Hebrews 10:24 (TNIV) 24  


No comments:

Post a Comment