Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 269 - Why are you so afraid?

I am having a bit of anxiety; Mark's meeting keeps getting pushed back. It was supposed to be Sunday morning and here it is Tuesday morning and we are still waiting. When Mark first told me that it was going to be rescheduled I was upset, mostly because I was frustrated. This has been a long time coming. But I heard a very clear voice say to me, "You have little faith" and I instantly changed my outlook and let it all go. God was clearly speaking to me, reminding me of the patience I have learned to have over the last nine months. Last night as the anxiety set in I came across this bible verse:

"He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm." -Matthew 8:26 (NIV)

I know I need to remember the power of God's promises and blessings, and I need to be patient with His timing. In my heart I know He is asking me, "Why are you so afraid?" just as I read in the bible verse. Instead of being frozen in my anxiety, I need to keep moving with faith that it will happen at the right time and I need to be okay with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment