Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 255 - A New Week

I know I already said that last week was a crazy and weird week for us. Even after I said that it just got weirder. Don't you ever want to ask God, "Was that really necessary?" For a fleeting moment we felt like our luck was turning around when Brody was accepted into the charter school (and maybe it still is) but that was completely overshadowed after he got sick and missed the next two days, I got super sick, the weirdness of the blackout, I had to cancel my spiritual class and my first time volunteering for a ministry and then my daughter hurt her arm and is now in a temporary cast and sling (with another doctors visit on the horizon and more medical bills). It's all minor, it's all fine, but it was really hectic and disheartening. And, while I would love to dwell on it some more I found the answer of how to deal with it out of my own mouth. I posted this on Facebook:

"The best medicine is being able to laugh at how ridiculous life can be sometimes and then just move forward."

So I am telling myself, "Amanda, it's time to buck up, be quiet and move on. It's a new week. A bad week doesn't signify what the next week will bring. Wake up with a clean slate tomorrow and believe that good things are right around the corner." So that's what I am going to do. I am going to believe that having a little bad luck does not mean that God doesn't want me to be happy. That a job for Mark can be around the corner. That God will help us pay our bills and stay in our house. That He does love us. That our finances will get better someday. I am going to pick my heart back off of the ground, march forward in faith and be grateful for the blessing He has given us. We are safe, we are healthy, we have a home, we have food and we have support. Life is still so good. We are still so fortunate.

Don't get distracted from your own race.


No comments:

Post a Comment