Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 268 - Life metaphor and a prayer

Do you remember my friend Deidra? She had this beautiful prayer in an email that she sent me and I fell in love with it instantly.

"I know, O God, that wherever I travel, You will be with me. There is nowhere I can go, no situation I can face, which is outside Your love and strength; and so I commit myself into Your care and keeping on this journey, knowing that at all times I am in Your hands." -(credited to St. David's Episcopal Church in Baltimore, Maryland)  


I am reading The Purpose Driven Life and there is a part that asks how you picture life and the image that comes to mind is your life metaphor. My life metaphor is a journey. I have been calling this year and our financial problems a journey, and recently realized that I see all the days of my life as a journey. A beautiful, difficult, heart-wrenching, exuberant, exhausting, and loving journey. So this prayer kind of rested in my heart and I know it will give me the confidence to keep moving. Thank you Deidra for sharing something so special with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment