Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 270 - We hope, we wait

It is abundantly clear that God is still teaching us about patience. Mark has been out of town over the last four days for the meeting that I had mentioned and to help at a trade show. That meeting was pushed back over and over again and although he finally got a mini-meeting, nothing concrete was hashed out and we are still sitting in the "fingers crossed" zone. This meeting and all of its delays was a picture perfect snapshot of our last nine months, we hope, we wait, we hope, we wait. But I guess if I look on the bright side of things, we are still hoping, which is far better than a "no." So I am going to take my hope this week and hold it high above my head and wait for some good news. Last night I read that trusting God means we need to have faith that He knows what is best for us, I have had that faith, no matter how frustrated I get.

On another note I know that opportunities often arise that are out of our comfort zone. I am learning to take those opportunities and run with them. It never hurts to try new things and I always tell myself that God sometimes gives us a situation so that we can be a blessing to someone else or someone else can be a blessing to us. Either way it's a win-win situation and I often find that just when I think God is putting me somewhere to bless someone else, it turns out he blesses me with an amazing person instead. I am learning to love the surprises that come from trying something new, especially in a faith-based situation. Be brave and put yourself out there and if you feel scared going into it, pray specifically for the issues that make you feel anxious.


No comments:

Post a Comment