Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day 260 - Thankfulness

This was one of those weeks where I was constantly reminded how lucky I really am. Financial difficulties, while painful and stressful, are no match to the health and well being of my family. I was reminded not just once, but over and over again how fortunate I am that my biggest worries in life are tied to money right now. I know that we will get through this eventually. I know that this is all part of a larger plan. I know that this will in fact make my life better in the end. And so I end this week with thankfulness, not despair.

"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." -Philippians 4:6 (NLT)

I feel more like a survivor than a victim. It has been 288 days and over 9 months since Mark was laid off and we are still somehow pulling through each month. Literally by the grace of God and the love of our friends and family. Your life reflects itself in the way that you view it.


No comments:

Post a Comment