Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 63- You need to be inspired

Today's post is all about inspiration. Where do you get your inspiration from? You need to have things, people or words to inspire you. And if you don't, go find them. You need to keep yourself inspired. Inspiration is the fire in your heart that makes you want to be better.

What inspires me? I know it sounds a little silly, but I get a lot of inspiration from some reality television shows, particularly The Biggest Loser. Watching the contestant's transformations and seeing their faith in themselves grow every week, well, it gets me every time. It reminds me that we can all change. Shows like Top Chef also inspire me, where people are competing doing something they love. That kind of perseverance really makes me want to put myself out there!

Inspiration can be found in so many other places. Obviously The Bible is providing me with inspiration right now along with devotionals and listening to sermons. The Internet is a pretty amazing place and last night I came across a video from 2005 where Steve Jobs (CEO and co-founder of Apple and Pixar) gave the commencement speech at Stanford University. If you want to watch it go here. His speech was called How to Live Before You Die. I wanted to share some quotes from what he said because they were so inspirational coming from such a ridiculously successful man:

"You have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something; your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever, because believing the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart, even when it leads you off the well worn path, and that will make the difference."

"Sometimes life is going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith."

"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become."

I try and find inspiration all around me. The days that I feel inspired are the days that I am able to keep moving, try new things and just make my life better (no matter what the circumstances are). But I find that when I stop trying to be inspired, I just let daily life drag me down and after awhile I am lifeless. Nothing magical comes from lifelessness.

For my Year of Faith, I have made a promise to keep finding daily inspiration. I want to keep moving forward, no matter how impossible things seem. That fire in my heart is what will make me believe that anything can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment