Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 88 - Hello I hear you again!

This will not come as a shock to you, but part of my new bible study last night was about feeling discouraged about what you are doing (or not doing) in your life at this moment. It talked about if you are not flourishing as much as you thought you would be, that God has equipped you to be where you are and to go through whatever you are going through. Your current situation is needed for the plans God has for you, so don't be discouraged. If you read my last two blog posts, you would know that God is speaking directly to me in response to the despair I felt a few days ago. I poured my heart on the page and he is talking to me, and has been for two days now (very clearly might I add).

This time around He used David as an example, not Gideon. As I understand it, when Samuel went to find whom God would anoint as the next king, he choose David who was young, ruddy in appearance and the last one in this particular house that anyone would have thought would be chosen. Sound familiar? He was chosen 22 years before he would actually reign as King. What did he do for those 22 years? He was still doing ordinary work like tending to the sheep. I feel like I am tending the sheep right now (which actually is a good metaphor for being at home with my kids) instead of doing the big things I had imagined. But it was said that everything that you do helps empower you to where you are going, so do not be discouraged! All seasons of life have a reason.

I feel peace in my heart right now.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post.
    Just what I need :)♥
    To God be all the Glory!

    ReplyDelete