Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 85 - This path

Maybe you can tell by my posts lately that I am struggling a lit bit. I think that having faith is actually the harder choice in life. You can no longer blame others, pretend that everything is okay or make the easy choices to "fix" your situation. You really can't spend your days complaining and saying "why me" and you certainly can't sit around feeling sorry for yourself all the time. A life of faith is a life with unexplained questions and blind trust. It won't be easy. Yet, a life of faith is a life with miracles, blessings, an understanding of a greater purpose, a belief in yourself, peace in your heart and soulful acceptance. It is a life full of love.

I am definitely not going to lie to you and pretend that everything is roses and ice cream. My faith is stronger than ever, but I am on a rocky path. I feel weary. I'm sure it's lack of sleep, a lot of questions, and just being a little tired of our situation. I don't feel good about myself all the time and I feel unsure about what my purpose is. But, the good news is that having faith keeps me moving forward because I know there is a purpose to everything; I don't need to wander around without hope in my heart. Having faith keeps me on the narrow path, the path that I can be sure will do good work no matter how rocky it might be. Even though the other path is more popular and seems easier, I know that this path is where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment