Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 61 - Faith & Friends

When I sat down to write today's post, my mind felt more cluttered than usual. I am really feeling the financial pressure. All of our decisions are becoming more real every day and it's not getting better. Then I read an email devotional from today and the first sentence was, "Have you ever done the very thing God told you to do and then ended up in what seemed like a worse situation?" Um YES that is exactly how I was feeling two seconds before. I'm listening! It goes on to talk about Paul and how he took steps of faith based on his beliefs, not his circumstances. And, that God is in the best place to interpret the facts of your life so you need to have faith in him, not what's going on. You know what I liked the best? I liked that Paul kept the faith, even bound in chains and some of the letters that he wrote are part of the New Testament that we read today. He never could have known that.

Another thing I have been thinking about it is how amazing my friends are. They are wonderful, amazing & talented women. None of my friends are really alike and they all have these amazing capabilities and do things that inspire me daily. If you met them you would think they are just regular women (I still think we are young adults, but now that most of us are in our 30's I think women is the appropriate term). I have friends who bake delicious foods, who have great decorating sense, who aren't afraid to speak up, who are super clean, who are vulnerable, who have birthing plans, who have a home birth, who have great faith, who are sharp business women, who are loving, who put others first, who capture beautiful things, who look you in the eyes, who stay true to what they believe in, that share their sorrow and so much more. My faith in my friends is so strong. I know that they are all capable of even more than they could dream of. And, in my hardest time I can feel their faith in me. Friendships make life better. They do. I don't know what kind of friendships you have but if you feel like you could use some more amazing women (or men for all my male readers) I really encourage you to open your eyes. A lot of my friends go back to childhood, but some of my friends are from mom's I have met from my son's preschool & kindergarten classes. Or I have friends that were really a good friend of a mutual friend first. I can think of two special women that were my neighbors and, some that I use to work with. It may take some time and some bonding to make the connection but it is so worth it. If you put some extra care into meeting people and being a friend to them, you can have a whole different kind of faith in your life and you can find yourself becoming a better person because of it.

3 comments:

  1. True, real friendships are so important. Ones that build you up, that are happy, safe and enjoyable. I need to create some in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so loved and I love that I can call you my friend. Friendships are very important and a true friendship is priceless.

    ReplyDelete